GT Tools® Scratch Magic Premium™ DIY glass scratch repair kit utilizes unique micro-replication discs that allow for glass scratches to be removed in a more efficient and effective way. Designed to remove multiple scratches, hazing, staining and corrosion. Removes scratches that are less than .003 of an inch in depth (normally a scratch that you cannot catch your nail in). This product comes with everything you need, excluding a 110v power drill (RPM min. 1,500). Remove those unsightly scratches and restore your glass to a new finish! Also removes minor windshield wiper scratches. Available in 3" or 5" sizes
- Remove Glass Scratches
- Designed to remove multiple scratches, hazing, staining and corrosion.
- Removes scratches that are less than .003 of an inch in depth (normally a scratch that you cannot catch your nail in)
- Available in 3 or 5 inch sizes
- Shipping: All orders will be processed and shipped within 1 or 2 business days upon payment not including weekends and based on the UPS delivery service requested.
- You will receive an email confirmation with tracking information as soon as your order is processed and shipped.
- All orders placed within the United States of America will ship by UPS services allotted on gtglass.com.
- All orders shipping to international addresses will ship via UPS International Economy. All international orders outside the United States of America are subject to customs, duty taxes, and brokerage fees if applicable.
- Returns: All Sales are Final. Returns and exchanges are accepted only if: 1) The wrong product was sent. 2) Any or all of your products were damaged in transit by the shipping carrier. or 3) A warrantied item is factory defective. See Terms of Service Link below for more details.
- Warranty: Warranty is extended to hand tools and power tools. All disposable and consumable supply items are not subject to warranty coverage. Each hand and power tool is warrantied to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of 1 year from the date of original purchase.
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Hello, the windows I need to repair have a tint to them and I'm not sure if it's on the outside of the pane or if it's inside the window itself. I'm not even sure if it's the natural color of the window or if it's some kind of coating they spray on afterwards... But this follows up to my questions. Lets assume it's the natural color of the window, If I use the product on the window, AND it is not a coating they put on the outside will it effect the slight tint of the window? Follow up question, will the use of your product create a "lensing" effect on the area it's used on? To simplify, does your product lense the area where it's used. Does your product have adverse effects to tints of windows.
John, Thanks for the questions. I will try to answer your questions in the order you sent them:
1. The Scratch Magic line of products as well as any glass polishing product will remove any "Coating or Tint" that is applied to the outside surface of the glass. On residential and commercial dual pain windows this coating is usually applied to the insulated interior side of the pains of the glass, which make up the go majority of glass and is ideal for repair.
2. The "lensing effect" or as we call it in the industry distortion, is a direct relation to the depth of the scratch the is being repaired. Distortion typically occurs when dealing with a scratch that is over .004 in depth. This is something that you can start to feel with your finger nail. For a DIY consumer related product, the Scratch Magic line is the most widely used and repairs mild blemishes to scratches that can just start to be felt. This usually will result in a repaired area that has no distortion when finished.
We hope this helps!
GT Tools Team